Having a wood plant stand in front of a big window in your home with one of your favorite plants in it can be very comforting when you come home from a hard day’s work. Having plant stands especially wooden plant stands in various rooms in your house can allow the beauty of the outdoors be present in your home. The next best thing is having a wood plant stand that you made with your own hands!
Let’s look at the materials you will need to make a beautiful wooden plant stand.
– A piece of 1×12 at least 6 feet long in your desired choice of wood.
– Approx. ¼ pound of 1 ½ inch wood screws.
– Some 100 grit sandpaper.
– Carpenters glue and wood filler.
– ½ liter of interior latex varathane.
The 3 Steps to Create Your Wood Plant Stand
Step 1]… Cutting your wood plant stand material.
– Using the 1×12 board cut the shelf and other required pieces to length.
– Using a jigsaw cut the round corners to your style.
– Using the plan below finish cutting your pieces.
– Sand all the pieces, if you have a electric palm sander it will speed thing up, if not use a sanding block and sand all the edges.
Step 2]… Put your wooden plant stand together.
– Pre drill and countersink all the pieces that are going to be screwed together using the 1 ½ inch wood screws.
– Be sure to use the carpenters glue on all joints before assembling.
– If you have some woodworking clamps this will be helpful when gluing the pieces together.
Step 3]… Applying the finish.
– Fill all the screw holes with the wood filler and allow to dry, a second coat of wood filler may be necessary on any deeper holes.
– Do and final sanding of all surfaces and wipe clean.
– Apply 3 coats of the latex interior varathane, allow drying before re-coating and give it a light sanding with the 100 grit sandpaper between coats.
There you have it a beautiful wood plant stand you can proudly display in your home!